Friday, September 10, 2010
Music and Feelings
The activity that we did in class with listening to clips of different types of music, and then free drawing whatever we felt from the music at the time, was really interesting. I think that it goes to prove that music really does have an influence on peoples emotions and mind sets. Most of the people in class had flowing, floating and "light" style drawings from the calmer music clips without a heavy beat. While for the Linkin Park clip that had a distinct beat a lot of us had sharp defined shapes or lines. I think that it also goes to show that we all hear the same thing differently. Meaning, that we all heard the same exact clip but interpreted it differently and unique to ourselves. Some heard the bass, some heard the guitar etc. I really like the idea of this activity and actually would like to do research on my own to learn more about this idea or concept, just because I personally love music and its ability and effect on people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's interesting how so many students drew similar types of lines. What does this say about the connection between visual REPRESENTATION (how things are drawn/painted/shown) and our other senses? (Also, please remember, the posts need to be 200-250 words.)
ReplyDelete