Monday, March 29, 2010

Second LIfe, is not for me.

Second Life. I think the idea is good for people with disabilities that leave them unable to leave the house that much. It is a way for them to interact in a digital world that represents the real world a little bit. It gives them more than just a blank screen to talk to somebody. However, I thought second life was horrible and I have no plans on ever using it again. I thought it was slow and it slowed my whole computer down. I also thought that it was very time consuming, when for me personally it would have been easier to communicate with people in an easier why. I also thought that second life was very hard to use and was difficult to navigate around. Normally I would try to figure a program out and how it works, but I have no interest in giving any time to this program. Overall, Second Life is not something a would suggest or talk about to others. Second Life was not for me.

1 comment:

  1. Katie -- what have you learned about identity and anonymity and CMC that might apply to your Second Life experience?

    ReplyDelete